Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pushy

I have confessed on Shamptons to being a 'pushy' mum - no point denying it once I enrolled in a Masters of Special Education program specifically to do an early intervention unit! Anyhow - I completed a third of the course - and really enjoyed it too but just couldn't cope - emotionally and mentally with fitting the demands of study into an already packed schedule and the financial costs of sacrificing 2 weeks pay a year when we were finding money pretty tight - as well as the fees for the actual course - although to be fair that is heavily gov't subsidised - it still cost us money that we didn't really have. Given our leanings regarding schools for the brats next year I am hoping to stay part time for a year or two - and resuming some of that study. I rang up today - enrolment is in Sept. I am going to change to the Diploma programme which I can later change back to masters if I want - and so it means that next year I will be able to study a semester on Literacy and another on Numeracy - PERFECT! Just what I want to do. I will get credit for the other subject as I have already completed it as part of the masters course I was in. Looking forward to it! Bring in on!

No comments:

Post a Comment