Monday, August 10, 2009

Good day

Well I have just come back from a meeting with the school counsellor - I walked out feeling very positive even though we still probably won't get any additional funding for Han - she is going to try again as a 'special case' so fingers crossed. Regardless I left feeling good - something that rarely happens at the old 'school of choice'. I observed the kiddies playing together. Chatted with a mum I know who's son (with DS) will probably be starting there in a year or two. The teacher that will have Han was telling her about the lovely little girl with red hair that would be starting next year. Yep - that sounds like they are looking forward to having Hannah there! Fancy that... well no - that only surprises me cos the old 'school of choice' speaks like a lawyer every time - and clearly doesn't give the message that they would be LUCKY to have my daughter there - which seriously - they would be. She also recommended my friend start her little boy when he is 5 - so if he needed to repeat it could happen early. They are just so matter of fact about kids with disability. Very accepting. I watched a little girl with disability being greeted by another little boy when she arrived at school. It's small. They were all playing so wonderfully in the playground before the bell rang to go inside. The school counseller used to teach a class for children with mild intellectual disabilities which she raved about. Today I am really feeling good about entrusting my unique little girl to their loving care. A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment