Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Progress

Today Hannah had an individual session with her special ed teacher - it is great to see how much she has progressed - and how she is starting to get some of the numeracy and literacy concepts we have been working on. Her SpEd teacher is great - very comitted - we are lucky to have her. Anyways - Han was matching die spots with the written numeral up to 8 quite well. She 'read' simple sentences such as My name is Hannah. I am a girl. I am 4 years old. She also dis some counting and reading ina great little resource that I plan on googling later on - How Many? 2 shoes, 3 pigs etc - it uses velcro for her to select the correct ones to attach to the different pages. She did a fantastic version of This old Man - I still recall one fohte teachers at Uni commenting on how teaching rhyming to our kids is really hard - well if there is any chance they'll get it - I can see that this song using simple pictures and the corresponding numerals will surely do it! They also read Kit and I a wonderful story book - Mouse Mess - which clearly Hannah loves so I will have to see if I can buy it locally. She attends morning EI playgroup which Kit and I don't stay for - when we were driving home she told me that she had read a book and when I asked which one she said 'Mou Mea' which I was totally at a loss to interpret - but then this afternoon the penny dropped - Mouse Mess - yep definitely one for the library if I can get it. Some great work - but also some naughty behaviour - as has been seen at preschool this past couple of weeks - falling to the ground and refusing to move - hope that one doens't last.

No comments:

Post a Comment