Thursday, November 26, 2009

School Support


I attended a meeting tonight with our EI provider - it is a private org although gov funded and non profit. They have a programme to help kids with sepcial needs in school settings - well to help their families and offer support in parents' negotiations with schools and advocacy roles. It sounds quite good - expensive although I know they are flexible on fees for those in need. I walked out of the meeting feeling empowered - I am already feeling that the school is open to positively supporting Hannah's education albeit they don't have a lot of funding/resources or even experience etc and this programme can help them in helping us achieve set goals for Hannah. Next year is still looking so rosy to me - I sometimes wonder when the bubble will burst. We all know it isn't going to be easy - but at the moment I have the sense that it is all hands on deck - we are on Hannah's team. It's a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment