Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Done - what's next?

I rang the 'other school' today to let them know that we wouldn't be sending the twins there next year. I felt a bit sad just cos they'd really been so welcoming but still I feel that the decision we've made is the right one for now. The princiapl was lovely of course.

I haven't heard from the school they are going to yet - I expect to have another meeting re Hannah's transition soon. I am glad that her ST is open to visiting the school and having Han withdrawn for ST each week for half an hour. I need to tee it up with the school. If I don't hear from them soon I guess I'll have to give them a call. Han's speech is really coming along well and has inthe past 3 months. Still I feel we can't give up - it is only improving due to the drill and practice that we have been giving her.

I am starting to wonder about uniforms - when is the optimal time to buy - especially school shoes? I don't want to go too early sos those little feet'll keep growing - but I also don't want to have both brats in a shopping nightmare at peak time. Will pick up Hannah's new orthotics and go talk to the local shoe shop...

2 comments:

  1. Try Boxing Day/the New Year (or perhaps the week after that).

    This is when shoes are cheap and good.

    And you can get considerable wear-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip - the wearin time is a good point.

    ReplyDelete