Friday, May 6, 2011

Homeschooling

A friend of a young man has journeyed int he mainstream as far as she is able for the moment - her blog http://educatingandyb.blogspot.com/ might be of interest to some of you - I love reading about how she is learning to homeschool - and also I get to pick up ideas and strategies to try in a simpler form for little brat. I am not ready to homeschool at present but should the teenage years get too tricky - if it is necessary (ie in Hannah's best interests) and we can afford it - then I would not say no to the idea.... Good on ya Narelle and ANdy - you are both inspirational.

On the other front - DH went to the P&F meet and greet with the new principal last week. He said that he emphasised his Spec ed credentials - to quote Phil - he 'said it was his 'thing'" - lol I am not sure exactly what that means but am holding on to a glimmer of hope for our meeting with him this week - ostensibly it is to discuss the school ipad - I am hoping we can help give Hannah something closer to the inclusive experience we signed up for and that was going so well last year rather than this parallel universe we find ourselves in this year...

1 comment: