Monday, May 3, 2010

Star of the Week


Hannah's teacher said that Hannah went straight to the book corner when class started on Monday - apparently she stuck her head around the corner when her teacher called out 'good morning' to her but that was it - until she heard her teacher say taht she had 2 stars of the week - but could only give out 1 because the other star wasn't there - the other star she announced was Hannah. Well according to her teacher that got her out of book corner and up front ready to have her 'star' pinned on her uniform.

I helped in the class this morning and when I got there - she and her companion star of the week were taking the notices/box to the office - they were so cute! I also got a chance to chat to the spec ed teacher - it was GREAT to hear how pleased she is with Hannah's reading skills. She knows some sight words, understands that the text on the page relates to the pictures and is using her speech more too. Quite frankly - I know I shouldn't compare - but even her cutting out is better or at least on par with some other 'weaker' students in the group. They are going to start incorporating a more individualised social skills program in this term - which is brilliant. Have I mentioned that I love this school? It is truly giving the twins a best start.

No comments:

Post a Comment