Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Athlietics carnival

Today was the brats' first athletics carnival. I wasn't worried about it at all - partly cos it happened on my day off - so I knew I'd be on the sidelines. Unfortunately the day dawned overcast and dreary - with spots of rain and eventually we were chased from the oval home when there was an absolute downpour! Lucky the kindy kids had had a go at a few of the events before that happened.
I had a ball - watching the kids, chatting to the parents. When I got home and put the kids in a warm bath I downloaded my photoes - and the thing that struck me most was hands. Hands are everywhere - the hands of friendship, love and support - given in generosity without a second thought. I am eternally grateful for those hands. For the smiles and laughs from other Mums as Hannah 'jumped' over things and did the splits instead of what she was meant to do on one of the gym pieces. For the grins of encouragement on a mother and casual teacher's face as Hannah (and her teacher) sprinted in last in their race. For the kids who laughed and played together with such joy. Good memories were created today -even though both my kids (following in my footsteps no doubt!) came last in their 'events' today - who cares - they were there, front and centre - participating and helping to make the day a success. Here are some trimmed images (sorry - I have to consider the privacy of the staff!)
Two boys - cos friends is all we need
Walk with me

trampoline
stretches
sprinting to the finish line
friends
paralell bars
not the splits this time
Monkey bars
Walking with MissJ
Jumping



1 comment: