Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Progress

This photo was taken at Kit's keyboard concert. We videoed his performance - and Hannah was so cute. You can hear her as she excitedly says 'Kit! Kit!" over and over again - she was thrilled to see her twin up on stage performing.
I have to say just how happy I am with the twins school - AGAIN. I called in at the kindy room this morning after helping some of the older kids with a literacy programme. There is such a great atmosphere there. I spoke briefly with Han's teacher. Our area consultant had been around - she saw Han do some work - and could see just how well she is doing there. The teacher gave me a copy of the ntoes from the meeting - general discussion mostly mentioned the positives of strategies taht are already in place. She gave advice on structuring expressive language goals and a couple of ideas that I could use to reinforce Hannah's familiarity with the alphabet at home. Then some points on transitioning her to Year 1. I am meeting with the teachers and principal about htis next term. We are considering the possibility of Hannah joining kindy for reading/maths groups (for Term 1 at least) and everything else with Year 1. The importance of her friendships and of educating the Year 1 teacher were discussed. Me - I'd LOVE to see Hannah's current teacher take her through to Year 1. I think that would work very well for little brat - then a different teacher could have her in Year 2 or later on. I will let the principal know that that is my preferred option but of course she has the whole school and staff interests to consider - and the teachers have already given her their preferences - not sure what Hannah's teacher's preferences were - I'm hoping it was Year 1! Regardless I know that the principal will do her very best to ensure that an appropriate teacher for Hannah gets her next year - and I don't think we can demand more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment