Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Travelling


It is Hannah's turn to have the class 'literacy bear' at home for a week. He is meant to travel to a different country each week. Kit told me that Hannah told him she wanted to ttake the bear to New Zealand, Hannah told me she wanted to take him to Georgia (there is a 'Flags of the World' poster in their bedroom - and she consistently chose Georgia - unfortunately the only advice I got from the twins Dad was that mean Stalin - hmmm, and a lot of research for me! So somehow I managed to convicne her that France would be a good place to visit - after all I am hoping we might get there for 'real' in the not too distant future... and we have a poodle, she was wearing a stripey french sorta top, she LOVES Ratatouille - Yep - France it is. So here a re a couple of our staged pics. Then Hannah helped me select different google images to print and paste in the Bear's book and then put together a simple story using sight words and pictures (a combination of photoes and PECS images) for her to 'tell' the story of her and the bear's adventures O?S. She loves it - I think her teacher will too - We are returning Bear and Book when a number of hte kids will be away at a gala day - I thinkt hat might give the teacher smaller numbers and more time to actually go over Hannah's story. It also gives me a bit longer to practise presenting with hannah.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful journey Bear had in France!

    I hope he got to see Paris and the Cote d'Azur and Cannes.

    (There was a big protest in Marseilles, and I do wonder if Bear was part of that).

    Having said that, there are lots of great reasons for Bear to go to Georgia. None of which have to do with Stalin!

    ReplyDelete