Sunday, April 18, 2010

Holidays are over


Well the holiday is over. It has been grand. Hannah clearly thinks that she should always stay home with Mummy (she obviously hasn't heard her father's opinion about my homeschooling her!!). At the same time she is also excited to be returning to school. She had a really successful playdate with a little girl from kindy during the holidays and was very happy to run into another girl from kindy when we were out shopping - and then that same little girl when we were watching Kit play soccer.

DH took Kit to see How to tame a Dragon today at the movies today and Hannah stayed with me. We did various things - but at one stage when I was online she came out with some paper and one of her favourite books Bananas in Pajamas Holiday Book (which she has just LOVED fo rthe past 2 years). She asked me to staple the blank paper she had with her - and then she communicated (in her mix of gesture, sign and words) that she wanted me to write the title - that she wanted to make a book about Hannah's holidays. And so Hannah's Holiday Book was born. Funny cos just that morning I had been thinking of putting together a social story about her holiday for her to share at school tomorrow.

While I tapped online she drew. I then got her to tell me about the pics on the different pages - I'll post some once I have photographed them. - Then cos some of the pics might seem a bit abstract I have just printed off a few photoes to include on the blank side of the booklet to help her teacher.

I also got an email tonight - from Maree's mum* inviting Hannah to a birthday party next week. Maree* is in Hannah's class at kindy. I accepted the invite on Han's behalf and this is part of the reply I got:
"That's great to hear. Maree* is really happy. Hannah was the first name on Maree's list. See you at school."
Maree* is a nondeplume!

Kit then came home from the movie and by late afternoon was writing a book of his own - the Last day of my Holiday. He got his father to photgraph various activities and I did some writing for him. Lovely.
PS - In the bed are: Kit, Hannah, Mummy, Daddy, Granpa and above Gra - our poodle - Stella!
Term 2 - here we come...

1 comment:

  1. As I said:

    It's a great story, and it's full of the social things she did.

    That makes it a social story in my book.

    And wonderful! Hannah being the first name on the party list.

    Will Kit have any dragon photographs?

    ReplyDelete