Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blessed

School Walkathon - there is no way I can expect Hannah to participate fully in it (I can see her 'drop and squat' or worse - tap her shoulders expecting her very slight teacher to carry her up there!!). I also did not want to not have her there - in some way. So thank God for Hannah's grandmother - a wonderful woman. It is no wonder we love her so much. She is going to go to the school (she already helps with reading there one morning a week) and walk with Hannah for as far as Hannah goes - then ring Han's grandfather to pick them up - and go with her to the picnic area where all the kids will be meeting up afterwards. Yay. That is the best outcome (short of my skipping work for a day and doing it myself!). The school were great at exploring options too - but this one - it's the plan. I know the twins will have a ball - and then the athletics carnival is on a day when I don't work - so I will look forward to that one.

Hannah and I survived our first 'all girls' party - to be honest - we both had a lot of fun. We have only been to mixed kids parties - these little girls were all so lovely. Hannah joined in happily, followed them when she felt like it and did her own thing when she needed. Definitely a success. Thanks Miss S for being a good friend to Hannah...

1 comment:

  1. Very glad for the party.

    And it's always good for all the students to have grandparents involved.

    ReplyDelete