Saturday, December 12, 2009

Story about School

I had a great time taking pics of the school to organise a booklet for the twins - put it as a powerpoint for the minute - they love it and are both fascinated by what they might do at school. Sucha simple thing but I thinka lot of kids would benefit - Kit was really enthralled and I am sure it will reduce his anxiety about the unknown. For Hannah it will help her find her way around and meet some of the expectations being in kindergarten means.

Now if anyone knows any good general books about going to school? I bought Hannah a Dora one for Christmas and the brats have one about a dinosaur and how to behave at school. If you know of any relaly good ones let me know as mid Jan I will probably be looking for some.

Ordered school shoes for Hannah yesterday - sizing for her (especially with her new orthotics) is atricky. I was actually after a little shoe she could wear with dresses for the Christmas/New Year party circuit - but givent hat non fitted ehr well I decided I might as well make do with some Mary Jane style school shoes - 2 birds, one stone!

4 comments:

  1. The Ladybird Talkabout Starting School is a good one.

    And so is the Usborne First Experiences one, it was published in 2005. It has twins in it, a boy and a girl (like Hannah and Kit).

    Also there is Topsy and Tim Start school by the Adamsons.

    Most children I know enjoy I am too absolutely small for school. It is by Lauren Child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I also bought Maia a Dora book for Christmas and we also have a Dinosaur one. I decided to make my own one with Woody (Maia's favourite toy) in her classroom. I'm going to try and find thhose books Adelaide suggested too, they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will be able to find the books, and whichever other ones work for your situation.

    Now it is the holidays and so close to Christmas. (Yes, CHRISTMAS).

    Yeah, Woody was a very cool toy in Toy Story. Many of the Pixar characters are. It really is a matter of finding who/what you identify with. For one of my cousins in the early 2000s it was Stuart Little and Nemo.

    If Nemo went to school ... and the main action of the film happened when he was going to school by himself and Marlon wasn't with him any more!

    ReplyDelete