Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Reinvigoration - A new page in the journey....

This blog was set up to follow my family's journey in the NSW education system. After a while I found that the negative tone of the posts was not providing an accurate picture of that journey - even though those negative posts were all valid - so I stopped adding to Mainstream Musings..... fast forward a few years ...... I have 2 children requiring special education instruction. One has been identified as 'gifted' the other as having an intellectual disability (she has Down Syndrome). They are heading into middle school next year - and so my focus on High School for them will start in ernest. Oh and I have started working in a local High School as a special education teacher and just to ensure that there is no doubt that I am a somewhat psychotic overbearing control freak mother - I am currently studying a certificate in Gifted Education. Welcome travellers.... I hope that this blog becomes a place of positive practical advice and support. This schooling business isn't easy but it can be very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment