Saturday, May 16, 2009

When I finally gave birth to my first and only children in 2004 I was ecstatic. I started blogging at the Shamptons a few years ago. I found it great to give myself a bit of space to process some of the things I was dealing with in life and on this parenting journey in particular. Having twins is fantastic - really!! I highly recommend it. In fact I feel a bit sorry for the proudly pregnant mama's I meet with only one baby in there!
I thought the first year of being mum to my beautiful twins was the hardest - in terms of illnesses, suregery and adapting to what Hannah's diagnosis of Down Syndrome would mean for our family as well as what being parents of twins would do to our longstanding DINK lifestyle. Now I find that the venture into mainstream education is a significant crisis. This blog is dedicated to recording some of our experiences on that journey. I hope it might help others who follow me along this path.

I should note that at the moment I cannot say for sure that Han will go to mainstream school although that is certainly our goal - so I hope I haven't jinxed us before we have actually enrolled the twins in a regular school. I have put in application for enrollment forms. That will ahhve to be enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment